Follow me

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

To Young For That

I am fully convinced with the fast rate in which technology is growing, we should not do farming the way we farmed before. We are so cemented  to the old way,  not paying any attention to our bodies. The human body, can only take 'as much' and when the body aches start we are ready to give up. Although traditional farming help to contribute to the physical well being of the farmer,  some health issues can be derived.

I am  thirty- four (34 ) years old and suffer with  lower back pain. This occurred as a result of growing up as a little boy. I had to  go to the garden with my parents ,be on task and  travelled at least two (2 )miles with weight on my head. I had to bend to pull  up weeds and even to cut bushes using a cutlass. About the age of ten ,the lower back pain  started. When I complained ,I got the  response ,  "boy, you to young for that."

 As time progressed, I got into the construction field and at that time I was really energetic. I lifted very  heavy things improperly which added more injury. The pain in my back is so excruciating that  I would put my kids on my back to apply pressure as a means of  relieving the pain. I visited the doctor, had  an x-ray done and the results showed that my back is normal.The doctor went on to say  it is  just  my muscle. It really felt  more than just muscles, so I did some research on the pain I was having and found out that it has the same symptoms related to  slipped disc .http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/facts/slippeddisc.htm

If I am to do this all over again the same way, I would say 'no' to Agriculture. Working this way is too hard and painful .Technology has proven that farming can be done in a more efficient way. Now, I use my weed eater. It is very fast ,powerful and gets the job done in less time. It is very effective. When I gather the grass, It is  used to make compost which goes back to the land, (double whammy).  I also have a rear tine tiller that I use to till the soil. Thank God for technology. I am on my way doing my thing. Just note ,"Agriculture can be simple and safe, GO FOR IT!"




No comments:

Post a Comment